1. Who invented baseball?
2. Who was the announcer who broadcast "the shot heard 'round the world" ?
3. Who were the first 5 players inducted into the baseball Hall of Fame?
4. Who was the pitcher credited with throwing the "fade-away" ?
5. This hitter was actually the third greatest slugger in baseball's history ( with a lifetime slugging percentage of .609 ), after Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig. His nickname was "Double X".
6. He was the only major league ballplayer to be killed by a pitched ball.
7. The American League began in this year.
8. What team began its championship season with 10 consecutive wins? 1906 Chicago Cubs, 1975 Cincinnati Reds, 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers or 1947 New York Yankees?
9. Name the only team to win 5 World Series' in a row, and the years in which they did it.
10. Name my all-time favorite player.
1. Alexander Cartwright (not Abner Doubleday) 2. Russ Hodges 3. Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Honus Wagner, Christy Mathewson, Walter Johnson 4. Christy Mathewson 5. Jimmie Foxx 6. Ray Chapman 7. 1903 8. 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers 9. Yankees, 1949-1953 10. Ernie Banks, Okay, this wasn't fair -- but he did so much while on so many bad Chi. Cub teams during his long career (and with a cheerful attitude rather than the whining you hear from some of today's players) I just have to include his name whenever I get the chance.
©2003-2017 RetroGalaxy™ · User Agreement · RetroGalaxy.com is intended for entertainment purposes only and does not control, monitor or guarantee all of the information contained on this site or any linked external website, and does not endorse any views expressed or products or services offered therein.